Credits: 3 Credits (126 Clock Hours)
Self-paced: 4-month completion deadline.
Dive deep into the multifaceted world of legal investigation and reasoning with WOL-PO2. Aimed at budding paralegals, this course offers a comprehensive overview of essential skills ranging from client interaction to the nuanced details of legal research. In addition to honing technical competencies, students will gain a deep understanding of the conceptual backbone that drives effective legal analysis and client representation. The curriculum is carefully structured to provide both theoretical understanding and hands-on experience in real-world applications.
Key learning outcomes:
- Mastery in the art and science of legal analysis, including its key components.
- Skills in crafting insightful opinions and memorandums of law.
- Developing proficiency in conducting legal interviews with clients and understanding its pivotal role in the legal process.
- Grasping the nuances of phrasing definitions, both in broad and narrow contexts.
- Navigating the complexities of fact gathering during investigations and understanding the paralegal's integral role in this phase.
- Differentiating between fact-based and legal research techniques.
- Recognizing the limitations of legal research and understanding why it can't resolve all legal queries.
Login At Your Convenience
Courses are self-paced and supported by qualified faculty. Students work on their reading, assignments, and quizzes on their own time. This flexibility allows students to study while navigating the rest of their busy lives. Our courses and programs have completion deadlines, but beyond that, students can complete the work on their own schedule. Instructors are always available for questions and support. Students are not required to attend any scheduled class meetings.
Get Started Today!
Advance your education with an accredited certificate program from Washington Technical Institute (WTI). WTI is Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association CESS, and licensed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education as an institution of higher learning.
Get More Information
Washington Technical Institute is Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association CESS, and licensed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education as an institution of higher learning