Today's Operating Systems Course
Credits: 3 Credits (126 Clock Hours)
Self-paced: 4-month completion deadline.
Operating systems form the crux of our interactions with computers, orchestrating the harmony between software and hardware. The "Today's Operating Systems" course at WTI unravels the nuances of pivotal operating systems, spanning from the widely adopted Windows desktop versions and Windows Server to the intricate UNIX/Linux and the ever-evolving Mac OS X. Alongside this comprehensive exploration, students will also delve into networking rudiments and gain insights on constructing mixed computing environments to cater to versatile technological needs.
What You'll Learn:
- Grasp foundational concepts of operating systems, with a keen focus on leading platforms in the tech world.
- Master the techniques to install, configure, and upgrade various operating systems, ensuring optimal performance.
- Effectively configure network connections, streamlining data flow and communication across devices.
- Dive deep into the intricacies of CPU management, and unravel best practices for operating system maintenance.
- Recognize the pivotal role of operating systems in the realms of virtualization and cloud computing, and their implications in modern-day computing.
Login At Your Convenience
Courses are self-paced and supported by qualified faculty. Students work on their reading, assignments, and quizzes on their own time. This flexibility allows students to study while navigating the rest of their busy lives. Our courses and programs have completion deadlines, but beyond that, students can complete the work on their own schedule. Instructors are always available for questions and support. Students are not required to attend any scheduled class meetings.
Enroll Today and Advance your Career - Text/SMS Questions to 952-465-3702
Get More Information
Washington Technical Institute is Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association CESS, and licensed by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education as an institution of higher learning