According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in August of 2021, the quit rate In the United States hit an all-time high of 2.9 percent; that’s 4.3 million Americans who quit their jobs. Some people are even calling this phenomenon “The Great Resignation”. No matter where you look, companies everywhere are facing labor shortages.
In fact, the BLS reported that in leisure and hospitality, the quit rate increased to 6.4 percent in August 2021, the highest on record for the industry. The quits rate also reached an all-time high in trades, transportation, and utilities. The fields that have been most hit by this “Great Resignation” are retail, leisure, and hospitality.
Harvard Business Review broke down the data to show that “Employees between 30 and 45 years old have had the greatest increase in resignation rates, with an average increase of more than 20% between 2020 and 2021.”
People are simply burning out and moving on. Fortune reports that “The latest numbers reflect the more long-term pandemic employment trend in which industries that are blue collar and customer-facing are seeing the biggest losses. Manufacturing quit rates are up 78% since February 2020, according to Nick Bunker, economic research director for North America at the Indeed Hiring Lab.
In that same timeframe, quit rates in Leisure and Hospitality were up 43%, while ‘other services’ saw quit rates increase 41%. If you are a part of this job market trend or are feeling the burnout creeping up on you, preparing for a new career is the first step to take to elevate yourself and move forward.
Washington Technical Institute has several career certificates that will get you immediately career-change ready before the burn-out of your current job leads you to resignation. Plan ahead with Washington Tech! Our certificates can be completed on your own time, and with open enrollment, you can start whenever you’re ready.
Because our classes are self-paced and flexible, you can complete the work as quickly as you are capable and there are no deadlines other than your completion date. We don’t have scheduled class times, and your instructors are just an email away. Your contact within the school will be ready to help answer your questions, and our staff is available through support tickets, email, online chat, or a quick call during our business hours.
Washington Tech makes learning and moving forward simple. Take a look at a few of our career-ready certificate programs:
- • Medical Billing & Coding – This program gives you 12 months to complete the work. With plenty of opportunities to work from home, Medical Billing & Coding is a great way to avoid industry shutdowns and burnout.
- • Pharmacy Technician – With 4 months to complete this program and after an externship requirement of 200 hours where you can work in a pharmacy while you’re finishing your certificate, this is a great step toward securing a new career. Many pharmacy technicians are hired full-time while completing this program and then earn a pay raise as soon as their certificate is completed.
- • Paralegal Certificates – We have three different paralegal certificate programs: Master, Senior, and National, which run from as many as 18 months to as few as 6 months. Once you earn your certificate, you will have a much easier time finding work in a law office as a paralegal.
- • Business Management & Leadership – If you’re not tired of where you work or the industry you’re in, but you are tired of the position you hold, an 8 month certificate in Business Management & Leadership can open doors for you either to move up in your current company or find a better role elsewhere.
Enrolling right away can get you started in your classes within one business day. Here are some important facts and the steps for enrollment:
- • You must have a high school diploma to enroll at Washing Online. If you are looking for a way to earn your diploma, we can help you do that, too!
- • First, select your program.
- • Next, start by enrolling online.
- • Make your first tuition payment. Our tuition can be paid in full or broken into monthly payments.
- • Within 1-2 business days, you’ll receive your Welcome Email. Be sure to read this as it gives important instructions about how to access your online textbooks and course work.
- • Create a schedule for yourself and stick with it! Your only limitations are those you place on yourself.
- • Before you can receive your certificate, you will need to send us your high school transcript.
- • Start a new and exciting career!
The Great Resignation is here, so take advantage of this opportunity and enroll at Washington Technical Institute today. There is no better time to start work on your new career!